Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced car insurance policy? Don't sweat it because there are a lot of people in Evans just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
A recent car insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. The average driver in Evans can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy. Consumers have many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Comparing quotes for affordable car insurance policy in Evans is quite easy. If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just have to understand the most effective way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in New York. To buy cheaper auto insurance in New York, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$896||$448||$75|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$978||$489||$82|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$778||$389||$65|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$842||$421||$70|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$780||$390||$65|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$784||$392||$65|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$752||$376||$63|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$590||$295||$49|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$826||$413||$69|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$736||$368||$61|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$658||$329||$55|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$842||$421||$70|
|Toyota Camry LE||$800||$400||$67|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$804||$402||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The hardest decision when buying coverage is at what level do you set your deductibles. The comparisons below lay out how much more rates are when you choose different policy deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $250 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$178||$284||$226||$14||$68||$795||$66|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$406||$264||$16||$80||$969||$81|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$406||$264||$16||$80||$995||$83|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$406||$264||$16||$80||$995||$83|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$204||$344||$226||$14||$68||$881||$73|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$144||$228||$226||$14||$68||$680||$57|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$328||$264||$16||$80||$832||$69|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$328||$264||$16||$80||$854||$71|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$328||$264||$16||$80||$854||$71|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$166||$278||$226||$14||$68||$752||$63|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $11 more each month or $132 every year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at least 23 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money by selecting a higher deductible.
Raise deductibles and save
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence GMC Acadia insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Evans, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Does insurance advertising bend the truth?
New York consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies state the claim about how much you will save if you move your coverage to them.
How can each company save you money on insurance? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a preferred risk might be described as married and over the age of 30, carries high limits, and drives a safe vehicle. Anyone that fits those parameters will probably get cheap rates and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Insureds who may not quite match the ideal profile must pay a higher rate which translates to the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
Because every company is different, it's extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Evans auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paperwork-free - Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Early Switch Discount - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- American Family discounts include air bags, good student, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, easy pay, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, driver training, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, alternative fuel, business and professional, early shopping, and multi-car.
- Allstate offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, utility vehicle, auto/life discount, 55 and retired, and passive restraint.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Evans. To choose companies with significant discounts in New York, click here.
Local Evans insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Evans.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Evans that can provide free Evans car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a good Evans insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can handle car insurance, but it's worth learning how they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Evans should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Evans?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Smart shoppers get results
Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Evans is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New York Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New York Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New York Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates in New York? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Hicksville, New York? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New York Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)