Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest car insurance rates in Kenmore, NY? Do you get frustrated by the wide range of car insurance providers that you can choose from? There are such a large number of options that it can really be a chore to find the lowest price. If you live there, you know that Kenmore is a wonderful place to live, but finding the money to pay for car insurance can make it very difficult to afford good insurance coverage.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in New York could save about $840 a year just by shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to find cheap car insurance rates.
If you're already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the tips covered below. This article's goal is to let you in on how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, New York drivers need to learn the way companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on auto insurance
Some companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Kenmore Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Kenmore can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce your policy premium.
Car insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Kenmore. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Kenmore, follow this link.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The fastest way to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below offer quotes in New York. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in New York, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$816||$408||$68|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$914||$457||$76|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$934||$467||$78|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$746||$373||$62|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$736||$368||$61|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$780||$390||$65|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$870||$435||$73|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$668||$334||$56|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$900||$450||$75|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$566||$283||$47|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$940||$470||$78|
|Toyota Camry SE||$736||$368||$61|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$942||$471||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can affect coverage rates noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Hyundai Elantra annual premium costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Informed consumers can cut their auto insurance rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference - The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Don't get traffic citations - Having just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. People who have severe tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Location can affect price - Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Policy add-ons add up - There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Improve your credit rating and save - Credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Married drivers get better costs - Having a spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Compare rates but work with a local Kenmore insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Kenmore that can provide free Kenmore car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agent properly licensed in New York?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Kenmore are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you've probably found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.
Car insurance is not optional in New York
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in New York overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We've covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Kenmore car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in New York? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Nurses in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in New York? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)