Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Rome can sap your bank account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Doing a rate analysis is free and is an excellent way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in New York being $1,940, drivers could pocket approximately 45% a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched. Due to the increasing number of online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the cheapest auto insurance company.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Rome is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most efficient way to buy insurance from many different companies.
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, replaces the need to go to different Rome agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the peace of mind only provided by licensed Rome agents. Although you can get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Rome, NY. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$922||$461||$77|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$774||$387||$65|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$894||$447||$75|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$890||$445||$74|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$902||$451||$75|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$888||$444||$74|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$852||$426||$71|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$736||$368||$61|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$684||$342||$57|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$760||$380||$63|
|Kia Optima LX||$792||$396||$66|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$822||$411||$69|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,020||$510||$85|
|Toyota Camry LE||$778||$389||$65|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$736||$368||$61|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$922||$461||$77|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$836||$418||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates significantly.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents impact Nissan Altima insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Honda Accord annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Affordable Rome insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few companies that may offer these discounts possibly include:
Double check with every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Rome.
Compare rates but buy from a local Rome insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Rome should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Rome?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What companies can they write with?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New York?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to these questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurer that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy.
Save Money with these tips
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money - Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Cut prices and deter theft - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - Companies in New York award discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- High deductibles lower rates - Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Beginning drivers in New York have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older people are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though rates can get expensive, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in New York overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Lower-priced car insurance in Rome is definitely available both online in addition to many Rome insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for cheaper Rome car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable New York Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Hempstead, New York? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in New York? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in White Plains, New York? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)