How many years has it been since you compared cheaper car insurance rates in Bedford, NY? Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Don't sweat it because many Bedford consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance policyholders in New York have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save 46.5% a year, but they think it's difficult to do a rate comparison. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and find the best price available.
It's important to shop coverage around on a regular basis because car insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best price on car insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to get good coverage on car insurance at a lower rate.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest insurance in Bedford can initially seem challenging. You just have to learn the most time-saving way to shop online from multiple companies.
Auto insurance companies in Bedford
The companies shown below provide free quotes in New York. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$954||$477||$80|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$978||$489||$82|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$752||$376||$63|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$850||$425||$71|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$820||$410||$68|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$794||$397||$66|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$624||$312||$52|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$766||$383||$64|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$596||$298||$50|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$890||$445||$74|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$872||$436||$73|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$892||$446||$74|
|Toyota Camry SE||$646||$323||$54|
|Toyota Corolla S||$754||$377||$63|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices considerably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Chevrolet Malibu annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance policy discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new car can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, mature driver, good student, paid in full, multiple vehicles, and teen driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, multi-policy, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Bedford, click here.
One last note
Discount insurance in Bedford is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on insurance in Bedford. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Bedford car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in New York? (FAQ)
- How Much are New York Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Levittown, New York? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)