Locating the cheapest insurance for a Ford Escape in New York can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and get the cheapest rates from Rochester insurance agents and online providers.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in New York can save approximately $840 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Rochester is fairly straightforward because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on the data you entered.
Getting online rates for Ford Escape insurance in Rochester makes it simple to compare prices and it's necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for affordable prices.
To compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Rochester, NY. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in New York, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$100||$164||$232||$14||$70||$580||$48|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$124||$224||$254||$16||$76||$694||$58|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$122||$220||$304||$18||$90||$754||$63|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$196||$320||$292||$18||$88||$914||$76|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$196||$332||$254||$16||$76||$874||$73|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$128||$230||$212||$12||$64||$646||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Rochester location which can revise rates greatly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender in Rochester
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Ford Escape auto insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Rochester, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Escape has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine your rates.
Affects performance affects auto insurance rates - The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the Ford Escape is classified as a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Rochester. The lowest performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Rates increase with policy add-ons - There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't diligent. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.
Liability coverage limits are a factor - Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Drive less and save - Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage. An improperly rated Escape is throwing money out the window.
Job stress can affect rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other jobs like professors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers - Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Loss probability for a Ford Escape - Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Escape insurance in Rochester?
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a driver safety class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Good Student Discount - This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Escape insurance in Rochester.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, driver's education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, renters, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, newly retired, newly married, multi-car, new vehicle discount, good student, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, group or association, paid in full, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, air bags, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Rochester, click here.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Ford Escape?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but work with a local Rochester insurance agency
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How are they compensated?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Rochester
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can provide insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Rochester that can give you rate quotes.
- Jackie Ortiz - State Farm Insurance Agent
225 Alexander St - Rochester, NY 14607 - (585) 325-1960 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3740 W Henrietta Rd - Rochester, NY 14623 - (585) 271-2886 - View Map
- Tom Gervais - State Farm Insurance Agent
4124 W Henrietta Rd - Rochester, NY 14623 - (585) 359-4280 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Rochester independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Trovato Associates
1880 East Ridge Road #5 - Rochester, NY 14622 - (585) 563-6553 - View Map
- Paychex Insurance Agency Inc: Chiarelli Jeremy
150 Sawgrass Dr - Rochester, NY 14620 - (585) 336-7600 - View Map
- Mazzola Insurance
117 Spencerport Rd - Rochester, NY 14606 - (585) 247-9190 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can provide insurance coverage. It's important to know that policyholders can cancel your coverage when you choose so never feel that you are obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Ford Escape insurance in Rochester can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
When you buy Rochester car insurance online, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about insurance in New York is available below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest New York Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Freeport, New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in New York? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in New York? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Acadia in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New York Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Niagara Falls, NY? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu in New York? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Albany, New York? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Irondequoit, New York? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)