Are you tired of trying to find more affordable insurance rates in Lindenhurst, NY? Did budget coverage turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Lindenhurst consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the cheapest insurance provider.
How much does car insurance in Lindenhurst cost?
When comparison shopping, quoting more will enable you to find a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in New York. If you want cheap auto insurance in New York, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$724||$362||$60|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$890||$445||$74|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$988||$494||$82|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$994||$497||$83|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$796||$398||$66|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$812||$406||$68|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$792||$396||$66|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$752||$376||$63|
|Toyota Camry LE||$836||$418||$70|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$852||$426||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accidents impact Nissan Altima premium costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance in New York serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Lindenhurst, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Informed drivers can cut their insurance rates
Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? - The type of car you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Improve your credit history and save - A driver's credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
Youthful drivers pay high costs - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Avoid insurance policy lapses - Not having insurance can get you a ticket and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked about before they will apply.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, teen driver, good student, switch companies, distant student, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, anti-theft, seat belt use, defensive driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, newly retired, new graduate, good student, multi-policy, and preferred payment discount.
If you need affordable Lindenhurst car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policies in Lindenhurst. To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in Lindenhurst, follow this link.
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Lindenhurst.
By using this short form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Lindenhurst that can provide free Lindenhurst car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Lindenhurst are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New York?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Find affordable rates by being thorough
As you quote Lindenhurst car insurance, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare insurance premium rates in Lindenhurst. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Affordable insurance in Lindenhurst is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lindenhurst, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Coram, New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New York Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Buffalo, New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New York Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New York Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Cheektowaga, New York? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)