Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest insurance rates in Auburn, NY? No one in their right mind enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Auburn can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe how much they could save if they switched. Because there are so many choices, it is very difficult to locate a more affordable insurance provider.
Finding quotes for cheaper car insurance policy in Auburn can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to use the quickest method to buy car insurance using one simple form.
Take policy discounts and save on insurance
Some providers don't list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Auburn auto insurance online.
- Club Memberships - Participating in certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Sign Online - A few larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount should help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Auburn.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons is to know the trick most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including if you lease or own, whether you are married, if you are currently licensed, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your rating data is instantly submitted to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Auburn.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Auburn, NY. In order to find cheaper car insurance in New York, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,076||$538||$90|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$988||$494||$82|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$624||$312||$52|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$810||$405||$68|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$662||$331||$55|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$816||$408||$68|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$1,030||$515||$86|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$774||$387||$65|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$792||$396||$66|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$814||$407||$68|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can modify rates substantially.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender
The information below illustrates the difference between yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Auburn. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Chevrolet Malibu LT.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Toyota Camry insurance rates for different age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the New York minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your GMC Acadia settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
What determines car insurance prices?
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Stressful vocation may mean higher rates - Careers like fire fighters, architects and miners are shown to have higher premium rates due to intense work situations and long work days. Other jobs such as farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
What type of car do you drive? - The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest rates are for low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Expect high rates for teens - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Extra coverages can add up - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Don't cancel your coverage without a new one in place - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Annual mileage and car insurance prices - The higher the miles on your car every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Liability insurance - Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are found liable for an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more to save more
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of ways to save on car insurance in Auburn. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Rochester, New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates in New York? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in New York? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)