Car owners not familiar with price shopping insurance online can find sourcing cheap Ram insurance is very challenging.
Astonishing but true, most insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Most drivers in New York could cut their rates by almost 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
It's smart to price shop coverage periodically because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Buffalo a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Ram insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to find cheap insurance in Buffalo.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to find better prices using the following tips. Our objective is to teach you how insurance works and how to save the most money. But New York car owners do need to understand how insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. The process is pretty easy because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system sends out for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will get rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in New York. If you want cheap car insurance in New York, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$184||$280||$404||$24||$120||$1,012||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$258||$412||$300||$18||$90||$1,078||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$198||$338||$314||$18||$94||$962||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$162||$272||$338||$20||$102||$894||$75|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$198||$342||$282||$16||$84||$922||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$158||$266||$404||$24||$120||$972||$81|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$140||$250||$362||$22||$108||$882||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$350||$288||$16||$86||$940||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$122||$224||$338||$20||$102||$806||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$152||$288||$388||$24||$116||$968||$81|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$398||$338||$20||$102||$1,080||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$210||$328||$300||$18||$90||$946||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$202||$320||$306||$18||$92||$938||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$220||$402||$282||$16||$84||$1,004||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$182||$256||$392||$24||$118||$972||$81|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$278||$476||$306||$18||$92||$1,170||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$224||$412||$288||$16||$86||$1,026||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$154||$250||$306||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$280||$642||$362||$22||$108||$1,414||$118|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$156||$338||$362||$22||$108||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Buffalo
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Take advantage of these discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Buffalo
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don't get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Buffalo car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Buffalo car insurance quote.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- American Family has savings for early bird, good driver, air bags, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Buffalo.
Why you need quality insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in New York is overpaying over $750 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- What is the minimum liability in New York?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Buffalo?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Buffalo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Buffalo auto insurance agents
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to contact independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Buffalo who can help you get rate quotes.
- The Decker Agency, Inc.
37 Elmwood Ave - Buffalo, NY 14201 - (716) 883-1455 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Debra R Hamsher
1101 Niagara Falls Blvd - Buffalo, NY 14226 - (716) 833-1900 - View Map
- Centinello Insurance
1274 Bailey Ave # 1 - Buffalo, NY 14206 - (716) 893-4332 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Buffalo that can give you rate quotes.
- Joe Czaja - State Farm Insurance Agent
1021 Union Rd - Buffalo, NY 14224 - (716) 674-3654 - View Map
- State Farm: Dan Hawrylczak
1335 Hertel Ave - Buffalo, NY 14216 - (716) 873-3771 - View Map
- George Ihle III - State Farm Insurance Agent
7718 Buffalo Ave - Niagara Falls, NY 14304 - (716) 283-9100 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Buffalo?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Buffalo?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?