Do you want a faster way to compare the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Rochester? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other vehicle owners in New York.
Shockingly, most consumers in New York kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Due to the fact that there are so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Chevy Silverado in Rochester, it can be diffult for drivers to locate the cheapest insurance provider.
Consumers need to do price comparisons as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Rochester on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for Chevy Silverado insurance in Rochester is to know the trick most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details such as the make and model of your vehicles, deductibles desired, if the car is leased, and if you're married. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To check Chevy Silverado insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Rochester, NY. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$94||$174||$314||$18||$94||$694||$58|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$170||$332||$278||$16||$84||$880||$73|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$108||$212||$314||$18||$94||$746||$62|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$176||$338||$314||$18||$94||$940||$78|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$158||$286||$248||$14||$74||$780||$65|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$220||$404||$270||$16||$80||$990||$83|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$356||$338||$20||$102||$992||$83|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$184||$342||$404||$24||$120||$1,074||$90|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$328||$264||$16||$80||$876||$73|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$198||$398||$338||$20||$102||$1,056||$88|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$370||$344||$20||$104||$1,018||$85|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$256||$300||$18||$90||$806||$67|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$162||$320||$338||$20||$102||$942||$79|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$256||$500||$358||$22||$106||$1,242||$104|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$346||$288||$16||$86||$916||$76|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$122||$250||$300||$18||$90||$780||$65|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$250||$546||$270||$16||$80||$1,162||$97|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$222||$482||$300||$18||$90||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific Rochester garaging location which can alter premium rates considerably.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Silverado insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Silverado claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in New York is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in New York but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Silverado, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy Silverado. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some companies do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Rochester may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Good Student - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in school.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut your policy cost.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, air bags, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, student away at school, early quote, multi-policy, payment discounts, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, family plan, business or organization, accident-free, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, mature driver, switch companies, pay in full, and teen driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, DriveSense, multi-policy, and online quote.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good driver, annual mileage, location of vehicle, accident-free, and low natural disaster claims.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies in Rochester. To find companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Rochester, click here.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Rochester.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Rochester that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Rochester are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it's recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Rochester independent insurance agents who may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Rochester exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Rochester?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Rochester?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required New York minimum liability coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability - This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. New York requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your Silverado resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Silverado in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado.
Due to the fact that many New York drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (New York limits are 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Don't give up on affordable coverage
Some auto insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers work with local independent agencies. Cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Rochester is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Chevy Silverado insurance in Rochester. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in New York can be found at the links below
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable New York Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New York Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New York Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)