Overpriced auto insurance in Ossining can overdraw your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a price comparison can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
A recent survey discovered that about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in New York can save nearly 45% each year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy. There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Affordable companies for Ossining car insurance
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in New York. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in New York, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$794||$397||$66|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$792||$396||$66|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$668||$334||$56|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$850||$425||$71|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$758||$379||$63|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$762||$381||$64|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$896||$448||$75|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,020||$510||$85|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$952||$476||$79|
|Toyota Camry SE||$766||$383||$64|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$800||$400||$67|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$896||$448||$75|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can modify coverage rates greatly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Toyota Corolla premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Corolla book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- Student in College - College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles could qualify for cheaper insurance rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
Some of the larger companies that may have these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Ossining. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in New York, click here to view.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What policy terms are available?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in New York?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Ossining insurance agency
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Ossining.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Ossining that provide free Ossining auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Ossining?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
After you get good responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that is a good match to service your policy.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
More affordable insurance in Ossining is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce insurance rates online in Ossining. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ossining auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in New York can be found at these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Buffalo, New York? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in New York? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Utica, New York? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)