How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable insurance rates in Binghamton, NY? Did a good deal turn into an expensive insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because you're not alone.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the large number of options when it comes to insurance, it is very difficult to locate the right insurance provider.
Locating the best rates in Binghamton can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just need to know the quickest way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on insurance
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower insurance rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable companies to monitor their driving habits remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
A few companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Binghamton auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view companies with significant discounts in Binghamton, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if the vehicle is leased, the year, make and model of vehicles, marital status, and how much education you have. Your rating data gets transmitted to insurance companies and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in New York. To get cheap auto insurance in New York, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$712||$356||$59|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$670||$335||$56|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$690||$345||$58|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$798||$399||$67|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$706||$353||$59|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$836||$418||$70|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$952||$476||$79|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Binghamton which can influence insurance rates greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Honda Accord premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Binghamton that provide free Binghamton auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agent properly licensed in New York?
- How long has their agency been in business in Binghamton?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will they give you a referral list?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it's good to learn why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers as well as cheaper Binghamton auto insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy whenever you want so don't feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way out.
Persistent drivers can save
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you many tips how you can save on auto insurance in Binghamton. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Much more information about auto insurance in New York can be read on the following sites:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest New York Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in New York? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in New York? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)