High-priced insurance in Buffalo can eat up your budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a price comparison can be a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. American consumers could save themselves $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. With so many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the best insurer.
Shopping for affordable car insurance coverage in Buffalo is easy to do. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Drivers only have to learn the tricks to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
Compare Chevy Silverado insurance rates
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Buffalo, NY. To get cheap car insurance in New York, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$154||$278||$314||$18||$94||$858||$72|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$144||$228||$264||$16||$80||$732||$61|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$260||$412||$392||$24||$118||$1,206||$101|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$234||$344||$392||$24||$118||$1,112||$93|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$122||$212||$270||$16||$80||$700||$58|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$152||$256||$272||$16||$82||$778||$65|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$208||$378||$308||$18||$92||$1,004||$84|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$190||$278||$392||$24||$118||$1,002||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$162||$338||$300||$18||$90||$908||$76|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$136||$288||$388||$24||$116||$952||$79|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$230||$406||$264||$16||$80||$996||$83|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$138||$250||$306||$18||$92||$804||$67|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$294||$484||$392||$24||$118||$1,312||$109|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$224||$398||$270||$16||$80||$988||$82|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$198||$398||$338||$20||$102||$1,056||$88|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$122||$264||$300||$18||$90||$794||$66|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$226||$538||$320||$18||$96||$1,198||$100|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$154||$288||$270||$16||$80||$808||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Buffalo garaging location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The example below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy Silverado
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Buffalo, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Silverado, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Buffalo with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Buffalo car insurance online.
- Paperwork-free - Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Buffalo car insurance online.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Chevrolet Silverado insurance.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in New York, click this link.
You may need advice from an agent
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Buffalo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Buffalo car insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Buffalo agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Buffalo who may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Buffalo that can give you rate quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in New York?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chevy Silverado?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Silverado?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Persistence pays off
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered many ways to lower your Chevy Silverado insurance auto insurance rates in Buffalo. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Buffalo car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Discount Chevy Silverado insurance in Buffalo is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Buffalo agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles: