I can't think of a single person who looks forward to buying auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in New York could save almost 45% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the increasing number of options when it comes to auto insurance, it's nearly impossible to find the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
Consumers need to quote other rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on auto insurance a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the best methods to save on auto insurance.
Cutting your Hyde Park auto insurance rates is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing rates to discover which company has low cost Hyde Park car insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in New York. If you want cheaper auto insurance in New York, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$636||$318||$53|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$852||$426||$71|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$952||$476||$79|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$756||$378||$63|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$592||$296||$49|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$856||$428||$71|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$910||$455||$76|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$968||$484||$81|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$736||$368||$61|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,182||$591||$99|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$694||$347||$58|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$878||$439||$73|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$640||$320||$53|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific Hyde Park garaging location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Cheap Hyde Park insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who are attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Hyde Park car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
Companies who may offer these benefits include:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in New York, click here.
Buying car insurance from Hyde Park car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Hyde Park who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Auto insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Learn how to lower your insurance prices
It's important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Cheaper to insure gals? - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Pleasure use or commuting - Driving more miles in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
More traffic means higher claims - Residing in a rural area may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims
If you don't need it don't buy it - There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Save money by having high credit - Your credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in New York is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in New York overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Frequent quotes can save
As you quote Hyde Park car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Hyde Park is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don't offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in New York? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New York Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)