Comparing and finding cheap premium rates for car insurance can be quite difficult for people new to buying insurance online. Since there are so many companies competing online, it can easily turn into a chore to locate the lowest premium rates.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Kiryas Joel consumers can save roughly 45% each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best deal on car insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding the lowest-priced coverage in Kiryas Joel is not as hard as you think. Virtually each driver who is shopping for auto insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. But New York vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Buy Kiryas Joel auto insurance online
All major auto insurance companies provide coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system will order your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best rate possible.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Kiryas Joel, NY. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$596||$298||$50|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$798||$399||$67|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$580||$290||$48|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$962||$481||$80|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$670||$335||$56|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,030||$515||$86|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$614||$307||$51|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$612||$306||$51|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$726||$363||$61|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$898||$449||$75|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Camry LE||$892||$446||$74|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$870||$435||$73|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$694||$347||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Optima insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Kia Optima settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Analysis of deductible levels
One of the most common auto insurance questions is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The figures shown below can help show the rate differences of buying low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second set of rates uses a $1,000 deductible.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$412||$264||$16||$80||$1,025||$85|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$484||$264||$16||$80||$1,097||$91|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$484||$264||$16||$80||$1,127||$94|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$484||$300||$18||$90||$1,175||$98|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$484||$264||$16||$80||$1,127||$94|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$558||$300||$18||$90||$1,249||$104|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$216||$264||$16||$80||$702||$59|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$256||$264||$16||$80||$742||$62|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$256||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$142||$256||$300||$18||$90||$806||$67|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$256||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$142||$294||$300||$18||$90||$844||$70|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible costs about $30 more each month or $360 every year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $900 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have at a minimum 30 months between claim filings, you would save more money by going with a higher deductible.
Gender-based auto insurance rates in Kiryas Joel
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Kiryas Joel. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take advantage of every insurance discount
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some must be asked about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get Kiryas Joel auto insurance quotes online.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Kiryas Joel auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, driver's education, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, new car, premier discount, and premier plus.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Kiryas Joel.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost in Kiryas Joel, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Kiryas Joel.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Kiryas Joel who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Kiryas Joel agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How are they compensated?
After receiving good responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don't feel you're contractually obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.