Frustrated by the number of car insurance companies in your area? Many other people are as well. You have so many companies available that it can be a difficult challenge to find better premium rates. Wilton is a great city to live in, but budgeting for expensive car insurance can make it hard to afford coverage.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Wilton consumers could save up to $800 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Wilton, NY. To get the cheapest auto insurance in New York, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$646||$323||$54|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$814||$407||$68|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$778||$389||$65|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$722||$361||$60|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$588||$294||$49|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$896||$448||$75|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$676||$338||$56|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$842||$421||$70|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$890||$445||$74|
|Toyota Camry SE||$742||$371||$62|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$794||$397||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New York minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Wilton garaging location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Honda Civic insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can affect GMC Acadia insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Wilton. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in on a Honda Accord LX.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Companies don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Wilton auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver Safety - Taking a safe driver class could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less can earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Wilton can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, defensive driver, homeowners, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
If you are trying to find cheap Wilton auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Good choices result in lower prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. It's important that you understand some of the factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Pay lower prices after the wedding - Being married may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums - A driver's credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Save annual miles and save money - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Be proud to be claim-free - Auto insurance companies in New York give lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents.
- Prevent policy lapses - Not having insurance can get you a ticket and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the New York DMV.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in New York is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Wilton, insuring your vehicle is required in New York but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In New York these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper insurance prices are available
Cost effective insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Wilton agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your insurance car insurance rates in Wilton. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Freeport, New York? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in West Seneca, New York? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)